Wednesday, October 28, 2009

What Made Me ME

A few ago, I was looking back at my older photo folders, those dated almost a year and a half back and I noticed how much I've changed. Then I thought to myself, "What triggered me to change?" Was it because I'm growing older and becoming more look-conscious? Or was it a natural thing? And then, I got my answer.

You see, when I graduated from secondary school, I decided to cut my hair short. Yes, before that, my hair was always long. So, I did. Every month since then, I would have my hair trimmed and style changed.


That was before I went for my foundation. Not long into the monthly habit, I entered foundation. I didn't bring that habit along to Kampar. So, I let my hair grow as it is. Until one fine day, I still remember in Sem 1, Leon asked me if I ever had long hair. I answered him and then he said that would probably look better with long hair.


So, here I am today with my hair almost reaching my butt. Guess it's about time to give it a little trim. And oh, Edwin saw my student card for foundation and degree (one with long hair another with short) and said I look better with long hair too ^^

If you know me well enough, you would know that I'm obsessed with shoes- heels to be more precise. I can't solely blame it on myself. Yes, I've already liked heels since I was young but I never wore them because it would stunt my growth, but it's not like I'm very tall anyway. Lol.


Perhaps I could blame a little on Joe. I still remember his word, "Guys will look at either the hair or toes." and since he didn't suggest I should do something with my hair, his next words were, "Eliza, why don't you try wearing heels?" And then I got my first pair of orange high heeled Mary Jane on that very Chinese New Year.


Look at my shoes collection today. It's nothing impressing but it is certainly expanding.

It's been half a year already since I broke the disulfide bridges of my hair, if you remember that post. Lol. I have to admit I never regretted doing that. In fact, Ah Wei and Guat Shan once said I should have broke it earlier.


Who was it who asked me to try rebonding? Wei Cheat and Malcolm. It was Wei Cheat all the while and I was like 50-50 to do it until Malcolm voiced it out and yes, you guess it. I got my straight hair the next day.


So, what do you think? It was a correct decision, right? ^^


Hmmm... then my dressing. I guess this change wasn't directly influenced by anyone of my friends. It's not like one day I woke up liking dress or what. I liked dresses all this while but I never really had the chance to wear them.


Then I thought, what's wrong wearing a dress to go shopping?



And finally, the latest, my toe nails. All thanks to Mr. Bryan.


I went to Penang about a month ago and found the right size for a pair of shoe I've been searching for from Ipoh to Klang to KL and finally found it in Penang. When I wore that pair of shoe, Bryan looked at me and said, "Something's missing. Try painting your toe nails."

And I did. It's still ugly, I know. I plan to to shape it more when they grow longer.


Sometimes I wonder if I take my friend's comment seriously or maybe all this while I wanted to make that change but I never had the 'approval'. Whatever it is, I have to say I'm pretty satisfied with all the changes :D

Who knows one day we are chatting and you suddenly say, "Hey, know what? You should try to tan yourself." and I might really consider signing a peace treaty with the sun XD

3 comments:

~eRiC~ said...

Haha... well, it's nice to look back and see how much we have changed and grown. Well, i would say do whatever you like and feel comfy with, listening to opnions around is good at times. but coming to the end of it, you must be you,who you want to become, how you want to be looked like is all depends on you. no point if u changed but dont feel like yourself.. hehe.. sorry abt this panjang lebar comment..XD

Anonymous said...

You have changed because you have grown older and definately become more look concious. I concur with erictbk but not over do things.


Dad.

kenji_NOIZ said...

oh my god!! what the hell happened to you!!! we used to agree that t-shirts and jeans is the most simple and the best fashion ever! looks like you have changed... but i am still the same ol' t-shirt wearing guy