Thursday, January 14, 2010

Black + Purple = Maroon-ish

Returning to the hair saga (see Part 1 and Part 2. Lol.), on new year's eve, I made another episode for this series. It's called, "The Exit of the Black."

Ok cut that. On new year's eve, I dyed my hair. If you've read the post on me rebonding my hair (part 2), you would have know that it took some effort to convince my mom to allow me to straighten my hair, while my dad said, "You can do anything to your hair but cannot dye it.". So, yes, it took me a few days of convincing my dad until I was finally allowed to dye my hair. But wait, with the condition that he needs to approve the colour. In other words, my hair still need to appear black ==


 My natural hair colour.

How did I come to the desire to dye hair? Truth be told, I actually kind of like my natural hair colour- black with little tints of brown. On the 28th of December 2009, Shiau Ping came over to my place and asked my sister's help to dye her hair. While she was dyeing her and I was talking to her, Ah Wei messaged me. She said she's dyeing her hair as well. This got Guat Shan and I excited. Then Guat Shan said, "If Ah Wei really dyeing, I will also.". Another reason might be because it's like everyone is dyeing their hair, so I want too! Lol.


Before dyeing my hair.

Next day, Guat Shan dyed her hair and on that very night itself, I gain the permission to dye my hair! Of course, my dad looked through Guat Shan's hair colour before allowing me to dye mine (because Guat Shan and I planned to dye the same colour). We chose purple :D


The mixture after oxidized. Looks like strawberry yogurt.

Two days after that, I waited for my sister to get back from college and have my hair coloured. Not really dye, more like highlighting. Or it was supposed to be highlight because I don't want my head to look like a mass of purple thing but somehow it turned to be like dyed ==


 While dyeing my hair.. Macam ada style la clip here clip there all but result like normal je.. ==

I wanted the tips to be coloured but the top remained black with a few strands here and there coloured. But I guess my request is 'high-skilled' for my unprofessional sister to follow. So it turned to be like what I have now.


 The tips are all coloured but not obvious.

I wouldn't say I dislike how it turned out to be though. It's still black in a way but appeared to be colored under the sunlight. Kind of like a mysterious feeling, a bad girl thing, as how Guat Shan put it ==


 Hmmm... can you see the black part?

The colour is fading everytime I wash my hair. I'm just worried it might fade to a certain weird shade of colour.

3 comments:

Emel - LayChuyDing said...

hi eliza, nice try on the hair colour....but just wana tell u sumthin...if you wanted to dye ur hair purple, u gotta bleach ur hair sumhw for a lasting dye and by dying straight onto black hair is not gonna work... u can get the effect like a week and as u washed ur hair the color tends to fade in red...so, somehow sooner ur hair colour is gonna be reddish liao... :P

eliza natsuko said...

sardin : oh! oni morons can think of tht tho XD

emel : yea.. but i dun wanna bleach my hair. i heard it's very bad for the hair ><

~elishia~ said...

jahanam!!! say thank u la... cos i purposely spend my precious time dyeing ur hair for u....