Saturday, March 12, 2011

Infected- A Second Visit To The Doctor

I just came back from the clinic. This time round, the doctor recommend me to take an antibiotic jab. Doctors and nurses in Kampar are very nice people. They actually explain to you (when they really should) why you should take a particular medicine and how the medicines will help you. The doctor said if I was given an injection, the concentration of antibiotics to my target organ (which is my throat) is higher as compared to taking the antibiotic capsules orally where 40% or so will be excreted out of the body.

So anyway, I went ahead with the injection. It's better than coughing throughout the night and not able to sleep. After what seem like years, I don't even remember how long ago since I had my last jab on my butt. Lol. But this time is not exactly on my butt, more like my hips.

This visit costs me slightly more. I was given a stronger antibiotic, cough mixture and phlegm-diluent and it's RM 50. Pretty reasonable but the dispensary nurse kept explaining to me that the antibiotic pills I'm given are very good pills and are far stronger than the previous ones so it's more expensive. Like she's feeling guilty for charging a high price.

Well, I hope there'll be no more third visit.

3 comments:

~elishia~ said...

EEEEWWWW!!!! BUNTUT!!!! wakaka.. XD

Anonymous said...

I hope so no third visit. When you are sick, you shud rest more and have longer sleep so that your body resistance system is able to
protect you from further infection and/or spreading. You can claim your doctor visit fees lah.


Dad

Rebecca said...

take care ah! hope that jab will make wonders! Shoo, sick bugs! Don't kacau us! Hehe