Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Infected

I haven't been very well since 2 Saturdays ago. The symptoms were the usual runny and blocked nose, sore throat, fever-ish, coughing and sore limbs. Naturally, I would definitely though of cold. I did not bother about it for a couple of days till I felt a little worse even after getting some flu inhaler from Sito. Then I started to take some traditional herbal pills I got from Chinese drug stores. Consumed for a day or two and there were no changes, then I tried traditional herbal tea. No changes as well. But heck, I did not pay much attention to my condition. What do you expect anyway when I have 2 reports due (luckily one got extended) and 2 tests (on the same day, to boot!) in a week followed by a report and another test and next, thesis.


So, I coughed till I vomited twice, rest in between my studies and work but my health did not improve and my voice got more and more hoarse. Till one night, when I was out to watch football, I talked till I completely lose my voice. Completely! Never there was once in my life I completely lost my voice. The worst I've endured before this was hoarseness and that's all. But this did no scare me either. I knew my voice will come back to me the next day and yes, it did. Only it got a little sexy and 'shy' to come out (I had to scream to produce a low volume voice). Lol.

2 other are liquids, not shown here.

We all know about the emergence of H1N1 lately and my family, one by one, called and persuaded me to visit the doctor. Finally last night, after 13 days of torture, I went to the clinic. The doctor diagnosed me with laryngitis. It's a type of viral infection on my larynx, that is my voice cord. This is why my voice box is non-functional. I was given 7 types of medication and cost me RM 45. One of the medicine given was antibiotic. I was so tempted to ask the doctor why did he prescribe me with antibiotic when I got a virus infection. Antibiotic does not work on viruses but as a typical Asian, I did not ask. I started taking the drugs since last night and it has been 4 doses since but I haven't felt better. Let's hope for the best! I want to speak loudly like I used to ><

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you have not felt better after finishing the medicines you should go back to the doctor and let him check again. Maybe because you waited too long and the infection became bad and need a longer time to cure. Do not expect immediate result and do not be stubborn not to visit the doctor. It is always better to get it cure as soon as possible than waiting for it to cure naturaly. Sometime you may make it worst and become critical.
Let the doctors do their job. Maybe you can visit another doctor but let him know the medicines the last doctor has prescribed for you. But I think visit the same one is better cos he know what he had prescibed for you and the effectiveness of the medicines.

Dad.

eliza natsuko said...

yea, i'll go back to the same doc. my meds are finishing. left 2 capsules for tomorrow and my cough is not getting any better, perhaps got even worse. but only the cough though.. the phlegm, sore throat and fever subside.

Anonymous said...

This is good news. This show improvement. The cough will go in a few days. I think the doctor will prescribe some more antibiotics and cough syrup for you.


Dad

eliza natsuko said...

finished all my med but i'm still coughing. the cough isn't that bad but i think there's a slight throat inflammation? cuz it's difficult to breath. like i'm gonna choke >< i'll go back to the doc when i feel worse.