Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Idiot Which Is Me

Which is worse?

Committing a mistake, thinking it wasn't wrong, or committing a mistake knowing it's wrong?

I had my Properties of Matters mid-term exam earlier this morning and I've never been so disappointed and pissed at myself.

So, there were calculation questions and we know calculation means formula. I did the question and I knew I got the answer wrong. How? Tell me, it is possible to have a 2000++ pm edge length of a unit cell? No.


Great. You won. I lost.

So, I knew my answer was wrong. I checked my calculations, rechecked and re-rechecked. I just can't find where my mistake lie. Not just this one question. Almost every question in that paper.

I was mad. I was pissed. I was upset. I cried in the car (Well, not those wailing kind of cry ^^;) I wanted to curse myself so badly but I just can't. I mean, can you imagine me cursing out loud, "@#$%^*! ELIZA LOO!". Then people around me would be like, "What the heck?". In fact, I'm fighting the urge to spell a foul word out here.

This sucks.

I suck.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is not end of the world. Discuss with Guat Shan or your friends and find out where you gone wrong so that you don't make the same mistake again. There is always up and down. Put this behind you. There are many more exams to come.

Dad

Anonymous said...

never mind..still got final, assign and another midterm 2 pull back the marks..maybe is not that bad after all...i think alot of ppl also dono whether their ans is correct or not..chill!

kEnJi said...

take it easy eliza... learnt from the mistakes n i am sure that u will do better in your test 2 n final.

ging3rcola said...

Chill chill.. still got few weeks to study.. Learn from it and get prepare earlier next time ba

~eRiC~ said...

Hey aliza, nah, dont keep pestering about it dy ler...It's already done..just learn the mistake and move on with the rest of the upcoming papers, hell...im even worse, just a bloody symbol "-" i put instead of "+", it caused me the whole calculation wrong. if only i got it right, im sure the whole thing would be correct!!!Arrggghhhh, just the matter of plus minus sign!!!ok, stop rambling, move on girl....XD

~eRiC~ said...

oops,sorry, eliza...typo error...^^

Emel - LayChuyDing said...

dun worry..it will be fine :) cheer up...go to the lake and scream out loud if u still can't destress..haha...maybe guat san can accompany u scream as well..opps me too!

fuzpeiz said...

weiiiiii!!!!! i oso same as u larr...
i know it's wrong...but still i cant find my mistake weiiiiii!!!!!!
but i am sooo gona say this..
wth wth wth... :(
hate chem...
hate ...me :(

ging3rcola said...

yet.. u scored 72.. still ok lar =X

Ju Lin said...

wow Eliza. I know how you feel..*terasa many times*

Take it easy..Mistakes are common. Silly and dumb mistakes are even more common but these are the little things that will make you successful in the future/life. And, making a mistake now does not mean that you will screw your entire life..XD Always believe in "chance", "opportunity" and "hope". :P Have faith in yourself and never give way to this well known phrase, "I feel like giving up already." XD