Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Around Perak

On the 28th, I was supposed to visit Thailand (again) with my family and my kayah's friend. Due to some reasons, my kayah's friend couldn't make it. Instead, my family with my 7th aunt's went to Sungkai Hot Spring, or so we were supposed to go only there. We finally visited several destinations.

Cousins! :D

Destination 1 : Sungkai Hot Spring.

Remember the place Leon went? Because that's the place we went. I visited the website and it seemed like a really nice place to go. Unfortunately, we picked the wrong day to visit. UTP had their family day on the same day and there were plenty people. It was difficult to find a nice spot to relax and swim or play with water.

The main pool. Nope, the water is not hot. It's like your tap water.

The egg-boilling pond. Look at the further end, people are soaking their feet.
What do you get? Smelly feet flavoured eggs. And they love it X(


We also thought that there was canoeingand jungle trekking. When my dad went to enquire, the activites mentioned are held around that area not in that area. Anyway, we finally found a shady spot to soak our legs in the warm (42-50 degree Celcius) water. About an hour or so later, we packed and headed to our next destination.

See my mom on the phone? That's fake. It's her pose =.=

Destination 2 : Lata Kijang.

We didn't plan to visit this place in the first place. It's just that it was still early when we left Sungkai so we dropped by Lata Kijang instead. I've been this place once with my house mates and Guat Shan's grandparents early 2007.

Peace to the world XD

We stopped here for less than an hour. It was hot and crowded and there were some people, lie around on big rocks, which were very ugly sight. I feel like telling them, 'Hey, your house no bed ah? No bed also got floor right?'

Destination 3 : Bidor.

Stopped here for lunch. That's all. And my mom wanted to buy jambus which cost RM10 for 6 bijis D:

Destination 4 : Kampar.

We stopped here the longest. We had vegetarian lunch, yes vergetarian. People who know me might be surprised becase vegetarian food is not really my thing but honestly, the food was good.

Looked like fish, pork, chiken but they are not. Looks can be deceiving.

After that we visited the oh-so-famous lake everyone visits when they come to Kampar. My aunt, uncle, kayah and parents chatted and my cousins ran around while my sis and I talked to Shiau Ping. My aunt's family went back Klang after visiting my house but my family stayed overnight.

Did some cleaning and repair borken stuff since we'll be returning to our 'hostel' in 2 weeks time. Next morning, as usual, we went to my mom's favourite place, the market (=.=) and had breakfast there.

Hello Golden Ratio tea! Hello my favourite poridge!

There are a couple of changes in Kampar. I'm doing this for Sito and Guat Shan so they can be mentally prepared when they return in 2 weeks:

There are 2 extra blocks in our university.

There's a new park, where according to Shiau Ping, wedding photos are taken, in Westlake.


Our 'bandung campuran' place no longer exist :'(


This is Shiau Ping, our house mate, just in case you guys forgot who is fellow is.

My mom, dad and kayah were looking for Chinese New Year decorators and we went all the way to the next destination to look for them.

Destination 5 : Simpang Pulai.

Like I've mentioned, we came all the way here, stopped for no more than 30 minutes to get a few Chinese New Year decorators.

Destination 6 : Teluk Anson.

Tada! The Clock Tower and my face! XD

Or also known as Teluk Intan though I prefer the former name. Teluk Intan sound so lame. My dad decided to use the coastal road this time to go back and stop by Teluk Anson to buy their local specialties like 'heong peng' and stuff. Also visited their landmark (again) the Clock Tower. We were supposed to have fruits rojak where I once had when Ah Wei's dad fetched us to Kampar. I failed to locate that place so we did not have any :'(

Destination 7 : Sekinchan.

The earliest dinner ever at 4 p.m.. Seafood! Yum! But they're not that good compared to the ones in Tanjung Sepat.

Destination 8 : Klang :)

Finally, after 7 destinations, a car full of whatever-my-mom-bought and 2 days, we finally reached home. And I managed to watch football!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wa..so fun ar.didn't ta pau for me? XD
btw, u locked the main gate and my sis dun have the key =__=

Hoong Lyn said...

that day i went kampar din realize the bandung campuran stall no more d...

i also lock the main gate...haha...sp no need clean the hse lo...but wait, she's shifting back soon...

eliza natsuko said...

ahwei : got tapau lots of egg tarts! until now.. as in really now (i'm eating as i'm typing) still got egg tarts XD she say she'll tell uncle to open then inside i got spare key for her. so ok la.. ^^;

sito : haih.. we have to find new spot when we're damn hot edi la. so sad so sad :'( maybe they renovating tht place only? hopefully la.. aiyah.. 2 weeks left. i clean until so sparkling clean edi. she no need clean edi la *bangga*

Anonymous said...

no more sirap bandung? so sad! how could they ! wow..a garden..so romantic..i bet sure alot of ppi go there and dating...maybe shiau ping and wat kiat? haha...soon v r goin back..haiz...

ice said...

(!!-.-)... guess wat? uncle got x key aso =(
i almost pecahkan ur window and climb in leh.. haha. at last i open da gate with a 'broom' >.<

ps: eee my post luk ugly in da photo.. shd ask me to post nice nice oni take da pic ma XD

pss: GS i oni date with milk n zack (bear bear aku) XD