Friday, December 19, 2008

100 Miles to Shop

I went to Penang again. But this time, just a one day trip. And the purpose is? Shopping!

My tee compliments the 'jata negeri' :D

That's right. I'm too rich, I don't want to shop in any of the plenty shopping complexes in KL or Klang and went all the way to Penang to shop yesterday. Great, huh? Lol. The truth is, my dad had to attend a meeting in Penang yesterday and since my sis, mom and I have nothing to do at home, we decided to tag along.

We left at about 9 a.m. and arrived at 1.45 p.m.. My dad left us at Komtar and went for his meeting.

Komtar is the landmark of Penang, or so I heard but when I visit that place I abosolutely have no idea why so. It's a tall building, yes but the interior is like well, Pudu bus station? Here's what happened when my sis, mom and I was in Komtar.

Tall building on right is Komtar and shorter on left is Pragin Mall.

All three : *walk and look around*
Me : Is this Komtar? Looks like a bus station.
Mom and sis : ...
Me : Let's ask someone here if this is Komtar.
Sis : *points at a bulletein that reads 'Happenings in Komtar'*
Mom : This is Komtar.
All three : *speechless and shocked*

After that we headed to the so-called Rooftop Cafeteria just to see it's closed! And the elevator we took earlier, the door was unable to close. We gave up and left that building for lunch in a nearby cafe. Not to mentioned, I was burnt under the 3 p.m. sun to walk to the cafe.

Yes, I ate before snapping a picture ^^;

Since there was still time, we visited Pragin Mall and it was so much better. At least we went from Pudu bus station to Sungai Wang! And I bought a couple of items.

A pair of milk cows, a belt, a necklace and a pair of shoe! :D

10 hours journey to shop for 2 hours and eat for 30 minutes. So, yes, we are too free.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

shoes. again. =p

eliza natsuko said...

ahwei : i saw it for the first tine in queensbay during my first visit but din buy. can tahan stillnow consider good edi la

kEnJi said...

didn see lala?? or other seafoods?

Anonymous said...

A good experienced isn't it. Now you know how KOMTAR look like. You can tell your Penang colleagues to have a gotong royong and clean up the complex. Otherwise malu lah, Penang icon.


Dad

eliza natsuko said...

kenji : too disturbed with the thought whether i was in komtar or not to even notice lala. but got la one or two OUTSTANDING ones. waakakaka. eh read what my dad wrote? separuh orang penang, go gotong royong clean komtar la. or donate some money to at the very least fix the elevator or put air-con =.=

Anonymous said...

ok ok. got improvement XD
u deleted the latest comment? but i still read it anyway..haha..i am waiting for u to post question. XD

kEnJi said...

wei, Penang is so big, my place is damn clean, nearby queensbay over there.tat's y i dun like to go komtar. Ask your father write a letter to lim kuan eng , then he will clean it up..hahahaha

kEnJi said...

komtar last time was a bus station, after that due to the traffic jammed, so the bus station shifted to sungai nibong,beside the pesta.. Tat's y komtar area is so dirty..

eliza natsuko said...

ahwei : my ques all hou meng hin everyone can ans wan lo =.= dunnit ask u all alr can write a list for me la.

kenji : then as queensbay ppl donate some money to komtar. kesian tht place not developed. samo it's the icon of penang. last time bus station ah? no wonder it look like one la..

kEnJi said...

the goverment is developing the area in queensbay there(bayan lepas, bayan baru), so mostlikely will ignore komtar lo.. PLus, rocket took over penang, goverment comfirm dun supply money for them to develop la sumore is chinese place..

eliza natsuko said...

kenji : dun worry dun worry. because it's rocke, we dun have to worry. chinese ma.. sure mo man tai wan. wakakak.. suddenly we talk abt racism =.=

xianfu said...

LOL LOL! I went to penang on khamis and jz came bak tis morning (4am)

how come I didn't see u at all. LOL.

Lala? -.- I didnt c any. hahaha. probably because I jz went to Gurney Plaza area. No lala okay at Penang.

Penangnites dont support lala okay. hehehe

Anonymous said...

i was laughing like hell when u tell me face to face..
i can imagine ur pek-chekness..
hahahahaha...

eliza natsuko said...

xianfu: aiks. u orang penang sure side orang penang la. i org klang. so from 3rd party pov, sure more just wan. wakakakaka! i din went gurney cuz i went there during my last trip.

gbsk: if u were there live with us maybe u rolling on the floor alr XD

Anonymous said...

I went penang last weekend too. Walked arnd at Prangin Mall too, your necklace, is from a beads shop sth like tht, 've seen it. hehe

eliza natsuko said...

liyi : yes yes. hehe.. we dun have jodoh la.. or else we would have met ^^

ice said...

oh oh the penang trip!! XD
shud chane ur title to>>> 1oo miles to meet jXXXXX.. haha..