Thursday, March 6, 2008

Ipoh, The Entertainment Closest To Us

I'm already in my final sem of my foundation year and I only have 3 subjects to study this sem. Yes, you guessed it right. It was as bored as hell! Before this sem started, all of us (the third sem-ians) rejoiced thinking how carefree and stressless this sem will be. Saying stuff like, "We can enjoy each day 'cuz we only have 3 subjects! Hahahaha!" but, somehow this joyous sem turned out the opposite. Blame the uni's management for having only 3 subjects. Blame the schedule for only having 7 weeks for this sem. Blame the students for getting adapted to 6 subjects. And finally, blame ourselves for being so restless. I mean, not only me, but everyone else, was bored. We have nothing to do! We don't need to rush our lab reports, we only have 3 tutorials to finish, we don't have Maths to kill our time! We need something to do!!! *dies*

So anyway, since week 1 was rather boring, my group of friends and housemates (when I mention housemates, they include Leon rather than Kenny because he's more like a housemate to me ^^) decided to go to Ipoh for several reasons:

a) Guat Shan, Leon and I wanted to sing karaoke
b) Ken wanted to get some formal clothes
c) Khai Chiah wanted to go on a date with his new girlfriend
d) Bernand wanted to meet Michelle
e) Kenji, Cuo Teck, Ah Wei and Sito were just bored (I guess XD)

'Housemates'.

And thus, we headed to Ipoh! We first arrived at Ipoh Parade since this is where the K-Box is located. Here, we split into 2 groups- the singers and the bowlers. Of course, only me, Guat Shan and Leon are the singers but Ah Wei decided to join this group.

The singers.

I would say it was pretty fun to sing, to scream our lungs out like no one's business. I mean, if we'd scream at home, we're afraid we might disturb our neighbours. If we'd scream in the car, pedestrians might think there's a kidnap case. Since we've got a whole room to ourselves, we screamed, shouted, talk through the mic, experience what it was like to become a commentator, dance, shook, lied down and whatever you can think of. We spent 4 hours exhausting our throats in that little box.

After that, we walked for a while in Ipoh Parade before heading to Kinta City or Jusco. We did not do anything much there except to shop for our stuff. Dinner was in Sushi King and Gods, I almost choked and died there. I've learnt that Leon, Ken, Bernad and Cuo Teck cannot sit together. Combination of the 4 will cause explosion. Laughter explosion!

Everyone was stealling food from Bernard.

Went back soon after that, get some pastry for Wei Chyi's family (as a gratitude for staying in their place during Taiping trip) and got prepared for football that night. Just to let you know, Man Utd won 3-0 that night and Arsenal drew 1-1. So, Man Utd is only 1 point Arsenal right now. Yeah!

Edit: As requested by Sito I've uploaded 2 videos taken during the karaoke session. Kill me, somebody.



Linkin Park- Numb



Gwen Stephanie- Hollaback Girl

2 comments:

Hoong Lyn said...

delete the spam baby...

i was waiting for the karaoke video....post it up!

eliza natsuko said...

it's too embarrassing to be uploaded >< wakakaka!!