Friday, March 7, 2008

Accident

First of all, NOT ME. Nope, it wasn't me. Allow me to explain how it all started.

(After uni at 12.15 p.m, in the kitchen)

Eliza : *smells fried egg* Sito~~~~ Hou hiong ah~~(smells so delicious)
Sito : (forgotten what she said ^^;)
Eliza : Never mind! Later I make French toast.

(12.20 p.m, in Ah Wei's room with a sleeping Guat Shan)

Eliza : *opens the door and fans the aroma into the room* Hai mai hou hiong leh? (smells delicious right?)
Ah Wei : *looks at me like 'what the hell?'*
Eliza : Later I making French Toast :D
Ah Wei : Now la.. I hungry la..
Eliza : Later la.. No bread. Later I go buy then only make.
Ah Wei : Now la.. I go buy.

And so, our main character of the day took the car keys, started the engine and got prepared to reverse the car to get a loaf of very much awaited bread. I was in my room onlining when I heard a fairly loud, "SCRAAAAAAAAATCH." Upon hearing that I knew what actually happened. I was like, "Great." I looked out my balcony and my my HORROR Ah Wei drive the car back into the porch just to produce another loud "SCRAAAAAAAAAATCH." Good one la.. Double scratch.

I went down looked at the condition at my car and paused there for a couple of minutes. Felt the deep scratches on the left bumper and went straight into the house. Few minutes later, Sito called me out.

The condition of my poor Waja.

"Baby! Go help Ah Wei la! She's being bullied by the guys (the owner of the car and his friends)."

"What you want me to do? It was clearly Ah Wei's fault!" I replied.

"Go help her la. She's being bullied!" Sito was still persistent.

I woke Guat Shan up told her what happened and went down to 'talk to the guys'. The first thing I said was, "It wasn't entirely our fault. Your car makan-ed into our road,". Ah Wei called his dad and passed the phone to the guy, which was our neighbour. The negotiation didn't turn out well and we brought it to the police station (a command from Ah Wei's dad). Good thing Sito reminded me to snap pictures as evidence in the police station.

Makan-ed into our road, no?

We headed to the police station and the neighbour, brought his English-speaking friend a.k.a negotiator along. While waiting for the victimized car to arrive (because the took another car to the police station), the negotiator talked to the police and asked several questions. Then, he spoke to us.

"Look, it's better if we just settle this among ourselves. Let's not involve the police. I've talked to the police earlier and he said if you're at fault, you'll have to pay RM 300 compound and pay to fix my friend's car. But if we're at fault, then we'll pay the compound. And according to what I described to the police, you're at fault because our car did not block the road. Yes, the car did block your gate a little but the police say you can always call us out to remove the car. So, I suggest we settle this ourselves but of course, you can involve the police if you want to."

The condition of the victimized car.

I was really thankful that they were all very gentlemen and calm people unlike some other people who will just shoot you till you bleed and die. They also said that they don't want our money. All we need to do is to get the car fixed at wherever and pay for it. That's all. After much rational consideration, we've decided to settle the problem among ourselves.

We brought the car to a car accessory shop and got the price. The whole thing cost RM 350. As for my lovely Waja, the paint scrapped off and it can be camouflaged by polish except for one deeper scratch and would cost ten odds of Ringgit.

The weird thing about this whole matter is that the guys (from Arts stream) bought his WHOLE troop. 'For support', it seems. When we reached the police station there were only 4 guys. When we were about to leave, 2 cars came. When we reached the first car accessory shop, another group came and finally, when we reached the other car accessory shop, 2 of their friends came. I was like, "Is this even necessary?"

Oh well.. Anyway, guess it's a good thing that the accident was so serious and my theory that Ah Wei isn't a good drive was proven right. My kayah was understanding enough not to get mad at me. In stead, he just advised me :)

P/s: Leon has gone to Penang for his public speaking competition organized by KDU College. The first speech title was 'New Frontier, New Horizon' and he talked about future technologies that are possible to be invented. The second was an impromptu speech in which he practiced with us quite a number of times and the last speech was 'If I could change the world..'. He recited to us and I thought it was pretty good and interesting. All the best, Leon!

5 comments:

Hoong Lyn said...

I guess WE all learn a very good lesson today no matter who's fault was it. Drive safely my fellow house mates and to myself also!

eliza natsuko said...

wakakaka.. we sure did! and we learnt how to talk properly and democratically to people :D

xianfu said...

hey. u guys were so cool in handling the car accident event.

as wat i told Poh Yee, those guys really stupid leh. Bring gengs along.

so UN-necessary.

meanwhile, I read finish ur blog liao. hope u wont mind.

errmm.
can i ask a simple question.

Who baths more than 5times a day?
I thought 3times aledi sufficient enuffs. but... thats what I think lah.. not that someone cannot bath more than 5times a day. just curious. hahas

heck, ur blog is really interesting to read. Simple enough and straight to the point. From what I see, I think you can definitely write.

no need to eat humble pies lah. xD

t.care
later.

eliza natsuko said...

thanks~ those guys brought unnecessary gangs but they were really gentlemen when they handle the situation at hand too. The gangs didn't like threaten us or what.. just there. XD
well, there ARE ppl who bathes more than 5 times a day. one of my close fren for example. haha..
and again, thanks for reading, commenting and the compliments as well. thank you!

xianfu said...

ermm. 5times a day?

ohh. tats new to me. hehe

no biggies :)
look forward for more updates.

papa!