Monday, February 4, 2008

Battlefield Experience

If you know me well enough, you'll know that I have a set of camouflage clothes for everything! I have camouflage trousers, a camouflage short, hat, cap, flip-flop and undergarments. Why? Simply because I love army!! I like army because I find it very challenging and exciting where you have barriers to go through, you can shoot guns, you'll have to hike, jump, run, crawl, and make full use of your body parts. But I do not like army to the extend of how, another friend of mine likes them.

But anyway, a spoiler before I move on to the post today.


Yes, I went for paintball. And yes, it was my first time playing. Edric, being very kind, made this plan and took us (my sis and I) to Bukit Jalil to play Action Paintball. Initially I though there were only three of us but no, he brought along his other friends, in which his other friends, brought along their friends. So, in total, there were seven of us playing paintball yesterday.

The battlefield.

Before the game, I was told by a lot of different sources that being hit by the pallets (the bullets) hurt like hell. My fear the pallets increased when Edric asked me to wear protective 'gears' like long sleeves, double shirt, thick long pants, gloves and stuff like that. I was thinking, 'Gosh! I have to wear all these when chest protector and face mask are already provided? It must have hurt as hell! I better not get shot!'

The gears- maker, pallets, chest guard and face mask.

So, that was what I kept in mind. Shoot, but don't get shot. The first round of the game, I didn't get shot but I shot one person. One, is the Italy guy (I still don't know his name but he's Italy guy because he wore original Italy jersey yesterday). That Italy guy was my teammate and I shot him! It wasn't on purpose. My aiming just went crocked a little but hey, it was my first time shooting using a marker (the gun), ok?

The second round, I managed to shoot another opponent, Nicholas. Yay! But the following round, he got his revenge and shot me right on my right calf. I thought it would hurt and force my tears out but, no. It stung the second he shot it and hurt a little after that but nothing beyond the little 'heaty feeling'.

Looks like a mosquito bite, huh?

Towards the end of the day, about 5 plus, we played one-on-one and I think that was the best part. Because in one-on-one, you can't go shooting like some mad person. You can't lure your opponent out that way. You'll have to sneak around, hide yourself from your opponent's view and only shoot at the right time. Oh, did I mention we were only provided with 10 pallets? Yep, that was how we have to use our brains and think of ways not to get noticed by the opponent. The best part was, at the last one-on-one with my sis, I charged forward and UNPROTECTED towards her. I stood in front of her and shot her but that stupid marker went wrong and I got shot instead. TWICE! The pain was nothing compared to the satisfaction I felt. In total, I was shot DEAD twice but was shot (not dead) about 4-5 times.

Give it up, sucker!

Before I end this post, I learned that there are several strategies to play this shooting game. Edric and Lambert played the communication type. Edric would report the location of the opponent to Lambert and he would shoot the opponent. It's a very calm strategy and the chance of winning is high, if you can communicate well with your teammates. On the other hand, Nicholas and the half black-half gold hair guy played the charging type. They'll charge forward and shoot at the opponent once the marshalls announce the start of the game.

The calm communicative strategy.

Though I prefer games that require strategies, but the calmness of the game made me feel it's lack of excitement. And way too calm for a battlefield. So, I chose the charging type. It was really challenging. The chances of you surviving was just 50-50. You either shoot, or you get shot. And it requires a little of thinking as well like which bunker the opponent is, where should you hide and which direction should you run to.

The exciting charging strategy.

All in all, paintball is certainly my type of sport. It requires both physical and mental strength and it is a heck of a game. If only I was exposed to paintball earlier, I would have been a better player that joins tournaments BUT maybe that was a little impossible as well because paintball sure is an expensive sport.

2 comments:

Hoong Lyn said...

tak ajak pun miss loo....

eliza natsuko said...

lain kali la.. this time i try dulu.. then share experience dulu.. XD