Tuesday, February 5, 2008

An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away

My kayah (goddad) brought home a box of apples yesterday. I thought the box looked kind of special. Normal apple boxes are shapped cuboid. This special box, however, is cuboid as well but it's shorter in height.

My mom told me that that box of apple cost about RM 400 and I thought what could be so special about the apples in that box that made it cost so much? Gold coated apples, perhaps? Then, my mom cut the tape around the box to reveal the apples in there.

Nope, they weren't gold coated.

Yes, you counted right. There were only 10 apples in there. And since the box of apples cost RM 400, each apple is approximately RM 40. Still don't think it's special enough to cost that much? Well, lets us compare the size of the apples.

As tall as a breakfast mug.

Comparing with a green apple.

Huge, huh? So, do you think it's worth the money now?

Fuji Apples.

I wonder how they'll taste like?

4 comments:

Hoong Lyn said...

madness apples....

eliza natsuko said...

wakakaka.. from japan, you know? japan rules!

Hoong Lyn said...

no wonder la so expensive....go japan and eat those apples la...

Eunice said...

wahaha...looks so yummy and mouth watering!! luckily you blogged about it, if not i wouldn't have known how they look like. Your mum was telling me about it last week..