Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A Part Of Me

My dad asked me to clean up my computer room since I've got nothing to do during my sem break and since no one is at home to do the cleaning for Chinese New Year, I might as well start a little so that it'll be easier later. So, alright!

But before anything, let me start with the history of my computer room. The computer room used to be really important to me before I left for Kampar. I do almost everything there. I eat there, sleep there, exercise there, do my homework, online, play with nieces and cousins, dance, sing, and even bathe there! (the toilet is attached to the room actually). No doubt, the computer room is a part of my life. Ask Ah Wei. Everytime when she visits me at my home, the first place she'll go is the computer room because she knows very well that I'll be there 98% of my time.

So back to the topic, I was cleaning the room just a few minutes ago. I didn't really feel anything when I was arranging and cleaning the table but I felt really nostalgic when I reach my so-called 'Anime Corner'. That's the place I placed all my anime figurines, key chains, caps, and anything anime related.

Our Gundam Army.

The first thing I clean in that corner was my Gundam Army. To be precise, it's my second bro and my Gundam Troop. All the Gundam mechas are shared among my second bro and I. They once stood proudly on the table with poise and elegance but when I clean them, I realized that they're now just some expensive plastics coated with thick dust. Some of them are even apart thanks to my cousins! As much as I love my cousin bros, I prefer them not to touch my precious mechas. Call me selfish but, yes.

Freedom, Blue Frame and Justice.

Strike Freedom and Red Frame.

Blue Frame and Freedom Neo.

The biggest and most expensive, Freedom.

The Grimlock (Transformer) both my bros bought for RM 200.

Before I left for Kampar, I didn't bother to keep them because I thought my second bro would take care of them and he did, at least they weren't apart. But now that we're away from home, no one can protect them. It really hurts to see the once strong army now scattered on the table. So, I decided to keep them safe in their respective boxes.

The Gundams, Transformer and katanas, all boxed up, safe and protected.

The next thing that I clean were the little figurines. These belong entirely to me as I bought them with my very own money. Just like the mechas, my 3 Naruto shinobi squads, 2 Bleach shinigami troops and other cosplay parts are all kept in boxes.

One set out of the few Naruto figurine sets.

Ichigo's miniature bangkai I bought in Singapore.

Me, wearing Giroro hat and Konoha headband protector with
Kenny, the one who bought me the Naruto snowcap.

My first bro's 'spiderman' figurines (and Homer Simpsons not included).
My little Bleach figurines in the background (above the Spideys' head).


Let's see what I have and how much I spent on them:

~ Gundam (minimun of RM1000, no joke.)
~ Naruto figurines (approximately RM 250)
~ Bleach figurines (approximately RM 150 excluding the Kurosaki Ichigo figurine my first bro bought for my second bro and I on his first pay day)
~ Naruto keychains, hp hanger, coin boxes, headband protector, glove, kunai, shuriken, wrist band etc. (approximately RM 200 excluding the snow cap Kenny Ho bought as my 2006 x'mas present and the poker deck I got from my classmates as my 2006 b'day present)
~ Ichigo's bangkai (approximately $10, yes, Singapore Dollar)
~ Giroro hat (RM25)
~ Slam Dunk deck (RM 5. I convinced my cousin bro to sell me that deck and heck, it wasn't easy)
~ Hitsugaya's 10th squad badge and collar pin (RM 20, if I'm not wrong)
~ Konoha scroll (RM 29.90 or RM 39.90)
~ 2 katana sets (RM 60++)

That's all I can think of but I'm sure there are more. My brain is just too lazy to function right now.

The other figurines, cosplay parts and misc.

I was so very sad to see my Anime Corner destroyed and to be truthful, I was teary when I was cleaning and keeping my Gundams. And Avril's 'When You're Gone' didn't help. In stead, it added emotions to my actions. @#$%^&*!

Now that my precious anime goodies are safe in the boxes, I have no worries that any 'enemies' will 'destroy' them. Don't worry my precious mechas and figurines, you'll be free from that six-sided cardboard before you know it. My parents always tell me it's a waste of money to buy those useless stuff but I never agree with them. They're not useless and it's certainly not a waste of money, though they're a little costly. They were once my treasures, they still are and will always be.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup, last time you will be in your computer room. Don't need to search for you at other places.So you kept everything already? Kinda miss your comp room as well cos..ah well, i hang out in that room quite often. Playing with those figures and go through your anime cd collection :p

Hoong Lyn said...

baby don't cry! =)

Hoong Lyn said...

soo ting's add : www.soo-ting.blogspot.com

eliza natsuko said...

but now i only enter the com room to exercise oni D:

eliza natsuko said...

plus.. my anime collection became dusty as well.. cuz no one else watch/touch it besides me and my 2nd bro