Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy 2008!

So, it's a brand new year with a brand new start. But allow me to start my new year on how I spent my last day in 2007 and how I welcomed the new 2008.

My housemates and I organized a party for new year though it was initially for Christmas but due to tests and all, we postponed it to new year.

It started at about 9.30 in the morning where Guat Shan and I started making jelly for the drink. We had an hour class in the morning and 4 hours break after that. So, we came home and made the jelly and went back to class after that. We came home at 6 in the evening and saw the development of the party.

Imagine how much jelly needed for this.

Bernard was busy cooking though it was supposed to be Kenny's job but he went to play football. But nevermind! No use getting all perked up on New Year. So, anyway, Kenji came not long after that to help to cook as well. Thus, we have 2 in house chef that day!

Our 2 lovely chefs, one in yellow, the other in white.

Guat Shan, Ken, Joe and I, on the other hand were busy preparing the drink. We planned 'oi yuk ping' as drink since well, I made that before during my godfather's birthday so Guat Shan put the responsibility on me to prepare the drink. The drink didn't turned out to be as colourful as it was supposed to be since we haven't got enough of colouring supply. But it was ok, I guess.

The 'oi'yuk ping' team members.

Outside the house, another team was responsible for setting up the fire. There were altogether 4 BBQ spots to prevent crowdedness. It was difficult to set the fire up but thanks to the experienced Guat Shan, we somehow managed to handle it.

Setting up the fire was 'woah!'

At about 7.30 in the evening, people started coming and the party soon begun. There were approximately 40 people attended the party. As usual, there were food, drinks and people but Leon felt something was amiss. He went to Wei Chyi's place and got his speakers. So, now, there were food, drinks, people and MUSIC!
Some prefer BBQ food.

Some prefer home made dishes.

Like always, there MUST be cho tai tee.

They took it to the road!

40 people can't fit in..

We had a countdown to bid goodbye to 2007 and welcome 2008 and the countdown was accompanied with champagne.

"YAM SENG!!!!!"

Lastly, very much credit to those who have helped around, making the party a success. Thanks a million for your help.


Ken.

Joe.

Leo.

Bernard.

Kenji.

Ah Wei.

Sito.

Guat Shan.

Happy New Year!

No comments: