Saturday, November 13, 2010

Time (And People) Destroys Kampar

I think I've figured out the reasons I kept complaining how hot it is in Kampar. Of course, it may be because of the world climate change, green house effect, thinning ozone layer and etc.. But I think the reason why Kampar is getting hotter day by day is because of UTAR's fault, mainly. Lol.

It's not that UTAR uses more electricity compared to any other buildings in Kampar, it's not that UTAR students spend all night awake hence, their laptops/lights/TVs on. It's not that UTAR indirectly built McDonalds. Well, maybe these contribute as well.

Area after the flyover, 2007.

Just less than an hour ago, after breakfast, I went to a place I haven't been for years. I went to the other side of the bridge. You must be wondering, what bridge? Well, for those of you who are aware, there's this flyover before the turning into UTAR. I've been there a couple of times years back. I went there with Leon, Guat Shan, Ah Wei and Sito to fish. There were 3 small lakes over there and full of greenery. I still remember how we got bitten by mosquitoes and stuff.

Area after the flyover, today. (Bad quality photo taken using my hp)

So, while Eric and I was riding on his bike around, we spotted a lorry went across the flyover. Curious of what such a big lorry doing over there and where it is going, we decided to follow the lorry (yea, like some detectives ==). What greeted me was a wide plot of white sand dessert. What happened to the lakes and the greens? I don't see any lake, I don't see as much greens as before. Everything are covered with sand!

 As you can see, Harvard didn't exist until 2 and a half years ago.

Another one of our sacred fishing spot, Batu-batu China, 2007.

Apparently, developers realize that they are able to make big money from students by building more accommodations. Shops and more houses will be built on this once-green-and-beautiful land. Isn't Harvard enough? Isn't Westlake enough? As if they aren't, the once 'Batu-batu China' (as what Leon named this place) is now Beijing.

The so-called Batu-batu China is called Beijing today. 
Rows of houses instead of water and plants.


It's not that I don't support all these developments in Kampar but I just hope developers know the limits. Instead of developing Kampar, they are destroying Kampar. When I first came in here 4 years ago, I remember I need to put on a blanket every night and how I shiver every morning when I bathe. Now, I wear as thin as I could to bed and woke up sweating.

Please, Kampar has a life too!

3 comments:

Hoong Lyn said...

i don't remember going to any lakes after the bridge and get bitten by mosquito's? lol

eliza natsuko said...

oh then maybe u din went tht time. i rmb me gs and leon.. maybe u and ah wei too so i just add in XD we went fishing there

eliza natsuko said...

oh then maybe u din went tht time. i rmb me gs and leon.. maybe u and ah wei too so i just add in XD we went fishing there