Saturday, September 20, 2008

JB Birthday BBQ

Last Tuesday was JB Elephant's birthday but because it was exam week, we decided to postponed his birthday celebration to yesterday. I know, 'What? JB Elephant?', right? His actual name is Wee Huat but for some unknown reasons, he's called JB Elephant. JB for short.

JB, Bangladesh (Jun Hong, reason for nick name is unknown), Ahmad (Chun Sern) and Parkinson (Chen Fai) were all Guat Shan's classmate actually. But they're my lecture mates as well.

Anyway, so the BBQ was planned like 2 weeks ahead. But the real planning only started on Thursday. We (Guat Shan, Sito and I) were in charged of chicken wings and stuff whereas the guys were in charged of sausages, nauggets etc.

Before the BBQ started, there were several tasks we need to do like getting bricks, frying the food, preparing the drinks, cutting the fruits etc. and call it gender bias but, yes, the girls were in charged of these tasks. Thanks to Shiau Peng (no, not my housemate. This is another girl from my lecture class) who came earlier to help around, we got things done faster.

Sito was an expert at fruits cutting but Shiau Peng had some difficulties removing
the skin. The slices were supposed to be triangle but they turned out square.


Pencuri bricks!!

*Points to the right* See? I helped as well, okay?

The BBQ was supposed to be held in the Johorian's house but they asked if we could change the venue to our house in stead. Well, I guess we had to since they do not have any furniture in their house. Yes, no furniture at all. They have a broom hung on their living hall as a portrait, for God's sake.

So, the guys came over to my house at about 7 p.m. to start the fire. They brought along one of their friend, who was also one of Guat Shan's classmate, Eng Hui (I think). Eng Hui was very helpful as well.

They were fast at starting the fire.
Intro: from left, Bangladesh, Ahmad, JB, Eng Hui.


Eng Hui.

Not long after that, the BBQ started. We had some good laughs at Bangladesh's jokes, JB's silly actions, Parkinson's words and their overall conversation. They're just so funny!!

They ate.. whatever JB BBQ-ed for himself.

Can you smell it? No? Try coming nearer to the screen :D

BBQ-ed chocolate banana!

Yes, I know Parkinson. The corn was delicious but no need to eat until so ganas la..

When the BBQ had just started and the guys were still into BBQ-ing.
After like 5 minutes, they got bored of it.


Like always, there's cho tai tee!

Need I say more? Cho Tai Tee is practically a tradition!

Then it was birthday-song singing time. I looked at the cake and I was like, "Oh my god! He's 20 already!". I mean, I know he was turning 20 but it has always been like, you know, a party for someone my age or a year elder but this was like 2o! The first digit is no longer 1. It's 2! You probably don't get what I mean but no worries, I planned to blog about age sometime soon :)

Look! 2 big candles! No longer one big candle.

The belated birthday boy.. I mean man(?)

We had a little chat, plans for the long breaks and soon, the Johorians (except Parkinson who was from Kampar itself) went back home. Then, we (the housemates and Shiau Peng) went to Ghany for the last time before we head home the next day.

I know the 2 bottles, right? But I did not even have a sip.
I'm a good girl :D


Shiau Peng and Ah Wei.

Ermm... I guess they're drunk? Nahhh! Just joking XD

Bangladesh: I've always wanted to be a cute girl! How do I look? *wink*

I'm now back in Klang and no plans. YET.

3 comments:

xianfu said...

welcome bak to Klang. ho ho ho

:)

BBQ so fun..at least for the 1st 10minutes. Then it gets boring. hahaha

Hoong Lyn said...

me too, not even a sip!

eliza natsuko said...

xianfu : for the first 10 mins everyone so semangat then suddenly no one at the fire =.= hangat hangat tahi ayam saje

sito : yeppp.. we cannot go to hell ma. wakakkaka!!