Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Photography

There was an activity today for photography society today and the theme given was 'Time'. How this activity work is, based on the theme given, members would have to interpret the theme and snap any picture that they think related to the theme.

This is what I took.

Do you see time in this photo?

Why? See, water drips very quickly. Less than 3 seconds for it to deform from a perfect tear-drop shaped droplet. So I thought if I manage to capture a perfect droplet, I would be able to freeze time. And that was how I interpret time since time is abstract. My initial idea was to capture a perfect tear-drop droplet but it was kind of impossible to do that with my camera.

It wasn't easy to capture this simple picture, I tell you. I went to the toilet and knelt in front of the washing basin for almost an hour and took more than a hundred pictures to get this one piece. A girl came in when I was snapping the picture and she looked at me in a way I interpret as, "What the heck is she doing? Over stress from exams or something?"

Water droplet too small.

Imperfect shape.

Off focused.

Anyway, I registered myself for a photography competition called the 'Merdeka Photo-Taking Competition' which cost me RM 5. There are 2 categories:

A : Historical places that got to do with Merdeka
B : Happenings before or during Merdeka celebration

My focus is category A since, in my opinion, there'll be a lot of entries for category B. There'll be 2 winners for each category and if I focus on category A, my chances of winning is higher, yes? Hahaha! I'm so cunning! However, I'll submit photos for both categories, maybe 2 pieces for A and 1 for B.

So, please do suggest if there are any places you think are good for this competition. If possible, make those places around Klang, KL or Kampar (places like Melaka, Penang all.. Impossible for me to go like now right?). Deadline for submission is September 3rd, by the way.

Oh, did I mention the prizes worth RM 1500?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wakaka... i can bring u to titiwangsa for the fairies wheel..
wakakaka... or... klcc... petronas twin tower... kl tower... then u can buy me dinner there... wakaka...

eliza natsuko said...

eh elo.. itu tempat semua ade kaitan dgn merdeka ka?

xianfu said...

mmm, try makin the pic black n white..

or if u have photoshop, make d whole pic black n white, and the droplet of water its natural color lo, or different color.

see wat it turns out :)

eliza natsuko said...

xianfu: sorry forgot to mention tht cannot photo edit it :P but i think the black and white idea is great! it makes everything more historical. thanks!

Anonymous said...

yalor..even cc got said b4 that the pic muz b a bit brownish or blackish to make it more old..

xianfu said...

aiyo. lik that purely must use skill adie.

Im so cha ><

LOL

xD do belanja if won. hehehe