Saturday, April 26, 2008

Last Dinner For Sem 3

Just like every other sems, yesterday we had a special dinner, some sort like a farewell dinner for ourselves, the housemates. Except for this sem, Sito wasn't able to join since she went back earlier and Leon too for some reasons but we have Kenji to join us. This dinner was suppose to be held every on every sem after our finals.

We went and bought the ingredients on Thursday morning since yesterday morning we had to sit for our Web Page Deisgn paper. Anyway, the cooks for this sem were Guat Shan, the expert in soup, Kenji, the expert in herbal dishes, Ah Wei, the expert in new dishes and me, the expert in the same dish-but-always-different-in-taste dishes XD And let me tell you it's a good thing because I'm sure no one wants to taste the same thing every week.

I cook with style :D

So, I started cooking at 4.50 p.m. since I need to blend the garlics for my curry. I was a little unsure since it was my first time cooking curry. Since we do not have blender, I used the ermm.. the 'bowl and cylinder made of rock' (whatever you call it) thinggy. Hence, I started peeling the garlics and smashing them into a pulp. When I was about to cook, I found out that I was supposed to use onions not garlics. Doomed!

But anyway, since I'm the expert in new taste, I continued my cooking with garlics. Half way cooking, I notice that my curry was lack of santan. My mom usually use 1 kg and I only bought 1 biji. Now, my curry looked more like rendang. Damn!

My curry-rendang.

Ignore that, it tasted ok anyway. Rendang is still in the curry family, no? XD

The other 3 cooks, Guat Shan, boiled melon soup.


Ah Wei fried some colourful fried rice.


Kenji steamed 'yin yong' fish a.k.a fish with 2 different taste.


Looks delicious, no? Of course it is. I mean, of course the dishes were better than what we cooked in sem 1. Back in sem 1, all we use were instant and canned food and heck, we were so proud of it. Have a preview.

Sem 1 Dinner

Sem 3 Dinner

Yes, we've improved a lot. Maybe by the time we graduate, we can forget about being Scientists, we can open a restaurant.

P/s: Manchester United will be facing Chelsea tonight in Stamford Bridge. Win this Man. Utd. and we'll be a clear 6 points ahead of the blues!

Edit : 2-1. @#$%^&*!!!

5 comments:

xianfu said...

LOL.

the food looked really delicious. D rendang looks like rendang. the soup looks yum yum. Fried rice looks appeasing.

It's like a feast :)

Hoong Lyn said...

I don't care! In degree year you MUST cook again your curry chicken dish!!!! hehe...=)

eliza natsuko said...

xian fu: actually, the rendang was supposed to be curry ^^; but it doesn't looked like curry.

sito: manyak kerja mau masak kari tau? susah la.. who ask u go home early?

xianfu said...

woooo.

chelsea won 2-1

im sure u watched d whole match.

xD

curry rendang? ohhh ya. look at it again hor, much like curry rendang liao. hehe

hopefully, it tasted like rendang curry instead of otherwise.

Emel - LayChuyDing said...

one word...tempting!