Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Messy Head

It has been almost a month since I last updated.

So, now I'm back in Kampar, starting my project as an RA. I realize all the academic learning I went through in any level in education institutes taught me a lot of theories. Theories are all the same. They are all reading and understanding. You may like a certain subject because it triggers your curiosity but the hands-on practical for this subject may be boring. Thus, these theories did not 'teach' me what I actually like to do. It's like I'm okay with everything but there is no one specific field that I am really into. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I'm not liking my current project. I'm doing molecular work now and I enjoy it. I just thought, if I was exposed to more fields, then perhaps I would know which field I really like.. or at least which I do not.

There's a lot in my head right now. I got to solve things one at a time. Hopefully with determination comes success.. and hopefully, the success comes quickly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't help you here. Guess you have to sit down and in deep thought what really interest you. Perhaps you shud seek your supervisor and asked more questions to find out what actually these fields like.

If you asked me I wud choose either deal with human to cure dieseases or deal with bacterials or virues which also associate with human. If you can find a cure or improve the procedures, you have done something for mankind and very self satisfying. Do not be afraid to go out to the field to do your research. It is more interesting and adventurous. Time will past faster then whole day in the lab. Of course staying in the lab is much more comfortable.

You have to make the decision. It is your career and future. You have to leave with it the next 30 working years.



Dad.