Friday, May 27, 2011

Paramotoring Tandem Flight

A couple of months back, there was a great discount, a 50% discount for paramotoring. I asked couple of my friends and decided to try this new adventure out.



What is paramotoring? In my own words, the word 'paramotoring' derived from 2 words, 'parachute' and 'motor'. So, it is a combination of both of these objects and enables people to fly. Paramotor is actually a chair with a big fan attached to the back and a parachute on top. When the fan is turned on, it will propel the chair forward and the parachute will lift the chair up. Still confused? Look at the pictures.


There were 6 of us, my sister, Ah Wei, Gs, Sito, Leon and I. And we paramotored in that order. On the first day, only my sister managed to fly because sadly, when it reached Ah Wei's turn, the motor failed and she had to have an emergency landing. Scary, but exciting. So, we were asked to come back the next day.

On the next day, all of us flew and it was an experience to remember. We flew above the Straits of Melaka. I, or rather, my body is never flying-friendly. Whenever I fly (as in travel in an aeroplane), I'll be dizzy and feel nausea. But no, I do not have motion sickness. I can drive and take roller coaster rides, no sweat!



The journey to the location for paramotoring was an adventure itself. Never thought it would be located deep in a village. After paramotoring, well, it make sense because this activity needs a big plot of land and nice view. We called the office up for directions, which turned out to be funny yet frustrating and we were still lost for more than an hour.

Here's a clip I made, starring all of us except my sister because she flew off before saying any 'script'. Lol.


For more photos, visit Sito's album :)

1 comment:

Mat Jey said...

It's nice to have a female participant to come and enjoy this great out door sport. The dizziness soon gone once you are up in the air :)