Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Second Trip For This Sem Break

On Thursday (20th May) my kayah proposed to go to Thailand and asked me to ask Guat Shan along. I then sent Guat Shan an sms asking if she fancy joining my mom, kayah and me to Thailand out of random. And to out of random, she said "Boleh jugak". Next day, we went to the immigration office to have her passport made and following day, we were off to Thailand. How random can we be? Lol.


While we were in Hattyai, we visited places I've been many times before but maybe because this time i went to Guat Shan, it was like a whole new experience to me.. like I've never been to Hattyai XD

So, anyway, we went to the floating market where the main focus in this place is food.  There were boats selling different and variety of food floating (obviously. Takkan they sink, right?) on a wide river. And there were mats on the ground where we can sit and enjoy our food picnic style! But if you didn't like to sit on the ground, there were long benches with narrow tables prepared like how it is in bars.. only thing is that the benches and tables are made of wood.

We also went to Achan Cave and the Stainless Steel Temple, where the entire temple is made out of stainless steel.


We also went to lots of 'pasar malam' type of market where we bought lots and lots of stuff like they were given away free!! Lol.


Of course, we love to eat. We tried lots of different or some even similar to our local food.


I think the most daredevil thing I did while I was in Thailand was that I tried this...


You guess it. They are fried maggots!! 

Lol. I wouldn't really say it's a daredevil act since, well, I just pop it into my mouth XD They tasted like plastic, by the way. Nothing special, nothing disgusting.


Oh, another thing that made this trip different from other previous trips is that I actually drove (from Tapah to Alor Star) from 3 a.m. to 6 a.m. instead of just dozing off on the back seat.

What Hattyai is known for.. messy wiring.

2 weeks sem break and I went to 2 different places. Not bad :D

It's already Wednesday today and I'll be going back to Kampar on Saturday, probably. What a short, yet long sem break for me.

4 comments:

kEnJi said...

i want to go T_T

Unknown said...

Looks fun!

The food are like those we have in our pasar malam.

the wires in Hattyai is also messy? lol. those in Vietnam are also messy... They are like 10 times worse! I think I have the picture in my FB.lol.

Carol said...

Ah haha. I wanted to try the fried grasshopper while I was at Bangkok last March. Didn't though. Btw, Eliza you really ough to teach me your photography skills. I'm disgrace to my Canon G9 camera. haha

eliza natsuko said...

kenji : organize la XD
eunice : really? i'll go check them in ur fb :D
carol : try try! dun get this chnace often. lol. photography skill? simply snap oni wan. lol. as long as it looks good from the viewfinder, *chik chak* XD