Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Training..?

It's already (or should I use only, instead?) my third day as a trainee and you know what?

I did nothing. NOTHING.

Day 2 : Stay in lab, read about alpha-Thalassemia and lab procedures.

Causes, symptoms, treatments, effects, preventions, etc. etc. of alpha-Thalassemia...

Days 3 : Stay in lab, continue reading what I've read. But then I was so bored that I asked for permission to go to the library. And hence, I was in the library the whole day today from 11 a.m. to 4.20 p.m.

ABC of Gene Cloning- It was an interesting book. Simple and informative.

The main (or they call it National) library was awesome. I mean, it wasn't grand or classy but it was really, really filled with books! With no place to sit and read, yea. ==

2-in-1 floor. It's nothing classy but I like it ^^

The main library looked like an attic where it was initially only one level high but in order to fully utilize the available spaces, they built another level in that level, which means in that one level, there's a stairs to go up. Lol. Get what I mean?

I found this interesting book called 'ABC of Gene Cloning'. I was reading it till lunch break, I went for lunch and when I returned, the library was already closed. So, I went to the departmental library instead. This library was specifically for journals. There's nothing else to read so I go for the newspaper.

I never read newspaper this long before.

Yes, I was reading newspaper from after lunch break to it's time to go home. From Utusan Melayu to The Stars.

It was such a waste that the main library only has limited choices of books. Not exactly limited.. well..

See what I mean? All the books are medical-centered. It would be nice if there's other genre, though. I mean, sometimes even doctors need a break from their jobs, right? XD

Okay, fine. I have nothing to do mainly because my supervisor is busy this week that's why I do not have a schedule of what I'm supposed to learn. So, does this mean I'll do nothing for this entire week?!

5 comments:

ice said...

sei lorr u say till sooooooooooooooo boring.. scare ppl nia. later all ur junior dowan2 go for industrial training XD

Anonymous said...

It is only 3 days, be patient. IMR want you to learn the basic and their procedure first. Before you start to run, you must first learn to walk. Maybe your surpervisor will asked you what have you read and learn your first week in IMR.


Dad

eliza natsuko said...

sp : now dunno yet la.. maybe sooner or later nice leh? cuz my frens all get schedule alr.. like very fun lo.. got project to hand in and it's chi kei pong chi kei project de. fun rite?

daddy : i've been reading over and over again. and after finish reading, i really have nothing to do. just sit there. furthermore, this lab i'm in is not my lab. as in after this i'll get transferred to another lab.. so what i read now and what i'll be doing are different

~eRiC~ said...

hah, why dont u suggest for other genre of books for the doctors? XD

eliza natsuko said...

eric : chic lits? XD sure all the docs get all mushy with the specimens XD