Saturday, October 18, 2008

Time Eater

People always say that get a hobby to kill your free time but you know, in my opinion, what's the best thing to do to pass time? Get a job!

My mom got me a job in Star Cruise in Wisma Genting so I started working two weeks ago. What do I do? Basically, typing, typing and more typing.

The amount of data I typed in a week- finished in week 2.

I guess all of you know that Star Cruise is a cruising company, just like hotels but on water. And like every other hotels, they have satisfaction forms for passengers to fill to see if the passenger enjoyed their trip, or if there are any complaints in order to improve their performances.

My tag.

There is where my job comes in. I type in data from those form like name, addresses, contact numbers and email address of the passenger. The purpose? To send them a 'Thank You!' postcard. But when I just started my work, I typed data of passengers from the embarkation cards.

The 'Thank You' postcard, also serves as a decorative item on my desk.

For someone as dynamic as me, I found this job pretty dull. All I do all day is sit and type. It was an easy job, yes, but boring too. Not to mention, I only have 2.5 hours daily (on weekdays) for myself. This explain the lack of update recently.

I wake up every morning at 5.30 a.m., board the bus (Star Cruise provides bus for their workers) at about 7 a.m., work, work, work, off at 6 p.m., take the bus and reach home at about 8 p.m.. After which I would eat, online and then sleep at 10.30 p.m..

We know KL is well-known for its traffic.

It rained almost every evening and my journey home lengthens for another 15-20 mins.

For someone who goes online for more than 10 hours per day, do you think a drastic and sudden decrement of 80% online time is favourable? NO WAY.

I don't exactly hate my job. I get paid and I get to kill time. And I'm already typing customer survey form now and it's way much better than typing embarkation cards (at least I get to read the passenger's comments XD). According to one of my colleagues, I would be doing labels next week. I don't know if it would be more interesting but I seriously hope it will.

The eyesore embarkation cards- Finished in week 1.

I just dislike it when I do not have time for myself.

Sito is joining me next week, but in a different department. I told her about the job and what she told me was, 'Don't care la.. (that it's boring). Can get paid enough. Money!'. That was the typical me. I wonder if staying with me for more than a year influenced her. LOL.

My workplace.

Another 2 weeks and I'm off for good! ..But I'm still wondering if I should continue my job for money.

6 comments:

ice said...

jealous lehh.. i can 0n9 evyday >.<

eliza natsuko said...

sp: i more jealous ur hair lehhh XD

Hoong Lyn said...

now you'll be my soon-to-be colleague...see you tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

work la..
dun work stay at home worst !
bored to death?!

eliza natsuko said...

sito : aiyah.. we memang cannot lari away from each other la.. uni also same, house also same not work also same

gbsk : mana ade bored at home? so precious know my time at home. more precious than gold!

xianfu said...

haha. long time no comment adie.

hws d work going?

:p