Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Being A Tour Guide

Some of my university friends came down to Klang and KL from their different hometowns; Khai Chiah from Penang, Wei Chyi from Taiping and Kenji from Kajang. We went out yesterday and earlier today and we, the Klang-ians act as tour guides.

From left, Khai Chiah, Wei Chyi and Kenji.

Yesterday, we toured a small part of KL. Initially, Kenji wanted to visit Sunway Lagoon (dry park) but to his despair, Sunway Lagoon was closed. So, we (me, Ah Wei and Sito) decided on Times Square instead since they wanted theme park, or so we thought. However, Sito wasn't able to join us in that trip due to certain reasons. On the very next day, we left Klang at 9.30 in the morning for Times Square and we met the visitors at the Monorail station.

Upon arriving, our plan was to go for the rides in the theme park, have or lunch, go for movie then bowling. However, we changed our plan a little when we realized that the theme park will only open at 12 p.m on weekdays. Thus, we went for Movie (Dan in Real Life) and then to the theme park. Before the movie which was at 12.15 p.m, we have a little bit of time to hang around. We ate breakfast, went to a bookstore and we were offered free Star Bucks coffee!

The free StarBucks black coffee which normally causes RM10 per cup.

The massive amount of sugars we used to 'neutralize' the black coffee.

After the movie, we played and all. I was kind of like surprised that the visitors cannot actually stand the rides. One of them even vomitted! Being too 'stirred' and dizzy, Wei Chyi asked, "Who suggested to come here?" I replied, "Well, since Kenji said you guys wanted Sunway Lagoon but it's close, and we thought of something similar. So, here, Times Square Theme Park." We (Klang-ians) were kind of surprised when they (the visitors) were confused. They didn't know that Sunway Lagoon dry park was all about exciting rides. Oh well ^^;

DNA-Mixer. The cause of vomitting and dizziness of our dear visitors.

Anyway, we exit the theme park quite early since they visitors can't take anymore of the rides. We went for lunch, shop a little and then we took separate paths. During lunch, the guys went for chicken buffet but since the girls couldn't handle big amount of food and to maximize our utility (on money, that is) the girls went for toasts. I order egg toast and trust me, it's the world most instant food ever!

Order taker : Can I have your order, miss?

Me : Egg toast and cold Milo, please.
Order taker : That will be RM6.
Me : *taking out money pretty fast* *food arrived before my money was ou
t*

And just in case you are thinking that it's McDonalds like kind of fast food restaurant where you need to self order at the counter, no, it wasn't. It's a small cafe where I sat quite far from the counter (to be able to hear my orders) and the order taker came to my table to get my order. And the food was sent to my table in just a matter of seconds!

The fastest egg toast ever!

As for today, Wei Chyi and Kenji came and visit Klang. Khai Chiah couldn't make it because he bought earlier bus ticket to return to Kampar. So anyway, Guat Shan and I took both the guys to well, 'tour' Klang. Honestly, being a tour guide especially in a town with not much attraction site wasn't an easy job. This is the sequence of events or places that we took the visitors to:

10.00 a.m - The visitors arrived at Teluk Pulai station. We picked them up and went for Bah Kut Teh.


Kenji and Wei Chyi at the temple.

Like this pic. Nice?

11.45 a.m - After breakfast, we went Kuan Yin Temple for a visit. It was my first time visiting too since the renovation and yes, the temple was beautiful though I personally prefer old centuries old temples. They give me this praying kind of feeling. Haha..

Wei Chyi took this pic. He said it's like a miracle that I'm reading Chinese ^^;

12.20 p.m - Guat Shan drove us around the familiar part of Klang. We showed them places like the Alam Shah Istana and explained to them that that was where our deceased Agong was burried. Then Guat Shan drove to our ex-school and final destination was my house.

12.30 p.m - All four of us played cards (as usual) until 1.30 p.m where Guat Shan then send them back to train station and I was told by Kenji that they went MidValley for a last movie before returning to Kampar (sounds pretty miserable, huh?)

So, that was my experience being a tour guide for two days. I have to admit that I'm a pretty bad tour guide but I was touched when I received 2 messages from Wei Chyi and Kenji.

Thx 4 bringing us to Klang... We appreciate it. ~Kenji

Thx you 4 bringing us 2 everywhere of Klang n let us earn a lot of money. v will remember it the rest of our life! ^.^ ~Wei Chyi

Oh~ How much I love my friends! I'll be going back to Kampar 2 days from today and we'll be visiting Taiping. This time, it's Wei Chyi's turn to be the tour guide. Looking forward towards that trip ^^

2 comments:

Hoong Lyn said...

Sorry couldn't make it.

I was laughing non stop when i read that DNA mixer part...i knew that ride will make ppl puke out...thats why i never sat that ride before. Pity them...haha

eliza natsuko said...

but that was the best ride in the whole theme park! cannot miss!