Wednesday, January 9, 2008

As Requested...

I was complaining that I was bored and have got nothing to do just a moment ago. So, Ah Wei and Guat Shan asked me to blog something through out 2007. To be more precise, something on 2007 and songs. This is what I've figured out...

Rhianna ft. Jay-Z -Umbrealla
I initially dislike that song because I thought it was a little silly especially the "ella.. ella.. e- e- e-" part. My thought was Rhianna ran out of words for her lyrics that's why she repeated the last syllabus of umbrella. BUT Leon came and spoil my whole point of view on the song. He made me like that song. We were in the car when that song played in the radio. I was about to change the radio channel and muttered "Stupid song!" when he stopped me. He wanted to listen to the song and hence, we did. After that incident, I started to listen to that song but never knew that I would actually like it. But I did, in the end. In fact, I even used it in one of my presentation on 'Friendship'. The song is kind of meaningful and well, I have to admit that I liked that song.. and I still do.

"...When the sun shine, we shine together.
Told you I'll be here forever.
Say I'll always be your friend.
Took an oath I'ma stick it out till the end.
Now that it's raining more than ever.
Know that we'll still have each other.
You can stand under my umbrella..."


Timbaland ft. One Republic - Apologize
Just like the song above, I dislike this song as well. Not because it was silly or what but because Leon downloaded this song on my laptop and will not go through a day without playing this song at least 10 times! Never will he once miss this song whenever he used my laptop. I mean, when you keep repeating something, you'll eventually get annoyed at it, right? Same case here. He kept playing and singing the song until every time I heard that song, I'll plug my ears. Soon, he stopped it. The problem actually arose there. Once he stopped playing the song, I thought my ears and brain would rejoice. But no. When he stopped playing the song, the song would not leave my head. It would keep playing like an automatic mp3 player in my head. Things got worse when Sito fell for the song and even blogged that song! So, no question that I'll eventually like this song. Now, this song is officially Sito's theme song.

"I love you with a fire red now it's turning blue."

Ratu - Teman Tapi Mesra
This song was from Eunice. She downloaded it long time ago but I didn't really fancy it that time. I started liking it after listening to the song for a couple of times. Guat Shan and Ah Wei even declare this song as my love life's theme song because of the chorus. Saying that since I would not have any boyfriend, I should just ask the guy to listen to this song when I want to reject him. Sweat, isn't it? =.=" Anyway, this song haunted me, Guat Shan and probably Leon during our sem1 finals. This song just won't leave our heads! And one line from this song suits exam so much- "Namun aku bingung."


Natasha Bedingfield - Unwritten
Just in case this song sounds familiar to you, it is in deed, Rejoice Shampoo's advertisement song. I heard this song while shopping in Jusco with my sis and the music attracted me. So, like how I always did, I downloaded this song. I got more attracted to the song whenever the commercial came on screen and the song started playing. The best thing was, every time the song started playing on the tv, I'll mimic the hair model on tv and will always swing my head so that my hair will brush against Ah Wei XD P/S: I'm not a Rejoice user. Sunsilk, babeh! And oh, there's a part from this song that I can't sing. The bridge before the chorus because I'll run out of breath when I sing it. The evil Guat Shan and mean Ah Wei would ask me to sing and laugh at me after that like some sort of Kampar entertainment. One more thing, I got the inspiration for the name of my blog from this song.

Boys like Girls - The Great Escape
A song from the first semester itself. This was like the best song ever in sem1 and all of us was practically crazy over me. Actually it wasn't all of us. More like it was just me and I force the rest to 'like' it by playing this song pretty frequently. Blast the car stereo when it goes on the radio. Download the acoustic version. Had Boys like Girls picture as my wallpaper. Had "I'm Paul" on my screensaver. Named myself I'm Paul etc. etc. I know. I know. These are all MADNESS! But this song gave me a teenage feel. Like you don't care what tomorrow will bring you. All you care about is just today. It has got the power.

Try listening to it. Click here!

Jordin Spark - Tatoo
A song by one of the American Idol. It's a really soothing song with nice meaning. I recommended this song to Guat Shan and soon it became Guat Shan's theme song through out the whole 2007 until this year. Nothing much about this song. It's special in a way that I would not get bored listening to this song and it's not my favourite song.


Hearts of Fencing - Shining Friends
This song is so Ah Wei. It was sent to Ah Wei by her Physics lecturer, Mr. Lee and instantly, she got hooked to the song. I don't know why but maybe because of the feel of the song. This song always give me the feeling of hope. It's like when you're so down, when you fail all your papers, when your family disown you, your boyfriend dump you, when your best friend betray you, when the world turn its back on you, don't worry!!! There's still hope! SUN WILL SHINE!

Avril Lavinge - Hot
This is mine! Why? The song is powerful. It has the energy that I love. It has the fast beat and slow all in one. And the message this song carries is somewhat my opinion on an ideal relationship. I mean, I would want my relationship to be like this song.

"And I will let you do anything, again and again."
~ I wouldn't want a really tied-up relationship. No guys like to be controlled, right?

"And I can make you say anything, that you never said."
~ To me, this line shows trust, which is really important in a relationship. It gives the image that both parties have great trust on each other to the extend that they can spill everything that they never will tell to others, to each other.

"I want to stay this way forever. I'll say it loud."
~ No hesitation in a relationship. No words restriction.

And the chorus is just lovely~~~ <3



That's all the song that influenced and somehow changed me a little (I think) that I can think of. Try listening to these songs. They might be one of your favourites!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

eliza natsuko said...

thanks for your time reading my blog. i appreciate it ^_^ and of course, i've visited your site but it's written in spanish(?) and i can't read spanish ^^;